Sunday 21 January 2018

Using Packages wisely while at home.

This year has not been easy for my family.  In fact, staying at home has caused us much hardship and we have seen the country start to collapse.  This year I found myself at home for the last 4 months.  We all thought working from home was a fun idea till it is forced upon you.  It was not by choice and as a matter of fact, it was not for any personal health reasons. And no I was not fired either.  The reason I am at home is because of recent happenings that has spread across the world.  The truth is that it is not even the pandemic that made this but men.  The state I live in created unconstitutional laws that forced me to not go to work.  My job was labeled not vital enough to go to work for.  So I have been at home and it has actually been rough. But we are not simply going to sit down and die, I decided to be wise with my time and to utilize the things that are around me to at least better the value of my home. Physically my body was really struggling due to not having my work gear at home.  So I have had to improvise to create a work environment that is capable of going to each day. 



There are a few things to change up at home, I do not have my own desk.  I started out working from my couch and with a laptop computer.  Bad idea in the long run.  This was workable for several days until my back began to hurt.  It started at a slow pain that was manageable and I started working out more thinking I just needed to keep moving.  Instead, it began to get worse and my back pain turned into my sciatica nerve shooting pain all over my body.  It turns out this was due to the couch not providing enough support.  So I spent a week on medication to lessen the swelling around my nerves.  Now I know to never have bad posture for any period of time.



So I had to make some changes and from there I went on a journey to find a better way to work.  I brought in kitchen chairs into my living room and created a makeshift desk and sitting chair.  I found that my wrists started to hurt after days of typing because the keyboard was not at the proper height.  I then decided to grab some games which are made from cardboard boxes to prop up my laptop and mouse.  This eliminated my wrist issues and my back slowly started to become more comfortable as well. From there I actually used side tables to put my cardboard boxes and computer on.  This allowed me to pull my chair up under it and make it a very small and mobile desk. 


It is amazing what small things can do.  The mobility allowed me to then put it all back after work was done.  This gave me the psychological break I needed between work and home that I was also struggling with. Work cannot go on all the time and need not be thought about at all times of the day especially from home.  So be adaptive and safe as you are trapped at home too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Packaging With Efficiency in Mind

Shipping and Handling is a major part of the supply network operating around the globe today. From large department store chains to individu...